Privacy & Security Policy
This policy sets out how Laborde & Associates, PC uses and protects any information that you give when you use this website. Please note this website may contain links to sites maintained by others. This Privacy Statement does not reflect the privacy practices of those sites.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us, and we won’t ask you for any information we don’t actually need. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited.
Laborde & Associates may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 1, 2015.
What information we collect:
We may collect information directly from the user, from our web server logs and through cookies.
This information may include:
- Personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, payment card information.
- Your unique IP address
- The city, state and country from which you access our website
- What kind of browser or computer you use
- The number of links you click within the site
- The date and time of your visit
- The web page from which you arrived to our site
- The pages you viewed on the site
- Certain searches/queries you conducted via our website.
Much of the above information is collected via Google Analytics to help us administer the site, analyze its content and improve user experience. This information is collected anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
What we do with the information we gather: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, tax preparation, tax and financial planning and tax compliance.
- We may use the information to improve our website, products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
- We may share non-financial information with third party organizations that perform other marketing and support services on our behalf. Our agreements with these entities require they also keep your information private.
- We restrict access to your personal information to only those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you and to the support service companies mentioned above.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
What we don’t do with the information we gather:
- We will never sell, lease or rent your information.
- We will not provide your information to our third party partners for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
Security We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
On our website, you will be allowed to pay your invoices or make other purchases through a restricted access portion of our website. These transactions are processed by a third party and not by Laborde & Associates. Laborde & Associates does not receive any financial information transmitted from you to third party vendors for processing. Our third party vendors use encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, to transmit highly confidential information (such as credit card number or password) over the internet.
Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
There are no refunds for services rendered.
We do not ship.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information You may cancel your registration or update your preferences at any time.
If you no longer want to receive information about our products or services, please update your account preferences with us, check the appropriate box when registering and/or utilize the “unsubscribe” button within communications you receive from us.
You may also notify us by email at valerie [at] labordecpa [dot] com or mail your request to Laborde & Associates, Attention: Valerie, 1518 South Flores, San Antonio, TX 78204.
Take safety into your own hands
There are some additional tools you can use to protect your personal information. We recommend:
- Never provide private information, such as credit card or bank account numbers, via unsecured email.
- Use strong passwords with a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Close your browser window when you have finished your work, especially if you are on a shared computer.
If you have additional questions or concerns, email us at valerie [at] labordecpa [dot] com or mail to Laborde & Associates, Attention: Valerie, 1518 South Flores, San Antonio, TX 78204.
We will post any changes to this policy here. This statement was last updated 1/21/2015.